Whenever you buy a Spectrum router or any router, changing your default username and password to ensure your security from hackers is essential. Now you ask how to change Spectrum Wifi username and password. You will have to follow some simple steps to change your Spectrum router’s default username and password.
What are the Steps to Change the Default Username and Password of Spectrum Wi-Fi Router?
Before starting with the steps, ensure that your computer and router are both connected to the internet. Now, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Note down the IP address from the back of your Spectrum router. Usually, the Ip address for the Spectrum router is 192.168.1.1. But to be sure, note it down from the back along with the spectrum default router login username and password as you will need this information later.
- Open your preferred web browser and in the address bar, type the IP address, and then click on ‘Enter.’
- Now, click on the ‘Login’ option after entering the default username and password. Usually for Spectrum routers, the default username and password is ‘admin’ but check it from the back of your router to avoid any mistake.
- Next, at the top of your screen, you will notice the ‘Advanced’ option; click on that. You can also skip this step if you don’t see any option like this.
- If your Spectrum router is of dual-band then you can choose 2.4GHz or 5GHz band as per your priority. After selecting the Wi-Fi panel, click on the ‘Basic’ tab.
- You will have to choose a name for your network to remember it for easy access. To do this, enter your preferred network name in the given SSID field. Other people within your router’s Wi-Fi range will be able to see your network name, so choose it accordingly.
- Enter a new password and ensure that you choose a strong password, confirm it, and lastly, click on the ‘Apply.’
After changing the default username and password, you can start using your router’s incredible features to complete all your tasks. While starting your router, if you notice red light flashing on your Spectrum router, which is interrupting your router’s working process, and you are wondering how to fix the Spectrum Wifi router red light issue, then you will have to follow some simple steps to resolve the issue.
The steps are:
- Check all the connections between the router and modem. You can also unplug every cable and USB and then connect them again correctly. Ensure that you use genuine cable or cords only.
- Make sure that your router or modem is receiving the proper internet signals from your local network.
- You can try resetting your router to resolve the issue.
Hope this blog will help you in changing the default username and password of your Spectrum Wi-Fi router and the red light issue of your spectrum router. Even after following the steps mentioned above, you are unable to resolve the issues, then you will have to call a professional or experienced person for help.