One of the top-selling networking devices, Xfinity Routers is known for exhibiting excellent routing capabilities and their innovative design. Once you complete the setup of the router, you can use both the wired and wireless mediums to access the internet. However, instances might occur when you notice that Xfinity orange blinking light and you can’t access the internet, even if you are connected to the wireless network. In such cases, you can follow some simple yet effective troubleshooting methods to get rid of the issue and ensure continued internet access. Read on to explore them and gather some valuable insights into using an Xfinity Router in an error-free way.
Xfinity Router Blinking Orange? Here’s Why!
The blinking of the orange light in Xfinity Modems or Routers occurs when the device is connecting at 10/100 Mbps. In such cases, even if you are connected to the wireless network, you can’t surf the internet. Another reason for such occurrences is the lack of communication between the router and the modem. Instances occur when the Ethernet cable connecting the modem and the router develops physical distortion. As such, issues with the connectivity occur and the orange light starts blinking. Users often try to do the factory reset Xfinity Modem; however, this should always be your last option. It is because a factory reset erases all your previously set configuration and you need to reconfigure the device.
How to Fix the Blinking of Orange Light?
Now that you are aware of the various reasons why an orange light blinks on Xfinity Routers, read on to explore the various ways by which you can troubleshoot the problem. Here’s what you need to do:
- Turn off the router and disconnect the power adapter from the electric socket.
- Wait for two minutes and connect the power adapter back to the electric socket to turn the router on. Check if the issue is resolved. If not, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
- Check if the Ethernet cable connecting the router and the modem is in proper condition. If it has any physical damages, replace the cable with a new one.
- If the problem of the orange light still persists, reset the router. Press and hold the router’s reset button for about 10 seconds and release it.
- You will notice that the status lights of the router flicker and the router reboots.
Once you reset the router, the issue of the blinking orange light should get resolved. However, you need to perform a Xfinity gateway login and reconfigure the router as the reset will erase all the previously configured settings. All you need to do is connect the router to your computer and open a web browser to log into the router management console. Once you are logged into the console, you can click on the various tabs to make necessary changes to the router settings.